Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Westin Buckhead review

Westin Buckhead 3391 Peachtree Road, N.E. Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 365-0065

The Westin in Buckhead was pricey and that is because of the location. The room was standard for the hotel type. Everything was up to the level that I expected for a Westin room. The bed was comfortable but I was not moved by the “heavenly bed” experience.
Checking in happened without incident. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful.
Valet parking was $30 a day. I thought that was very expensive. Again I decided it must be because of the location.

Since my meeting was located in the hotel, I ate at the Palms for breakfast every day. In my opinion, that was a rip off. The breakfast was overpriced for what they offered.
The first morning I paid $30 - $16 for food, $7 juice and tea, plus tip. I thought (error on my part) that the juice and tea would be included in the price of the buffet. That is how it is at every other restaurant breakfast buffet. I think once a certain price point is exceeded, the drinks should be included.

The best part of the breakfast bar was the bacon. It was crispy, but not overcooked. On the other hand, the fruit was not sweet, the bread was stale, and there was not a good selection of danishes. Considering I was eating at the famous, well known Palms restaurant, I expected better.

The only other plus for the Westin was that it was walking distance from Lenox mall.

In all, I probably would not stay here again since there are other hotels in the area that have better prices. The room rates are about the same, but valet parking and restaurant prices are less expensive.
I am not a Starwood Preferred Guest (prefer Marriott) so really is not any incentive for me to choose Westin.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.