Friday, August 12, 2011

Sharpie liquid pencil review

I went to Staples for their back to school specials – 10 cent notebooks, $1 pens, and more. As I walked down the aisle, I saw Sharpie Liquid Pencil. I was intrigued. There were two “pencils” in a pack for $5. Normally, I do not buy the new trendy stuff because I like to wait until it is on sale. But for some reason, I was in a buying mood.
Once I got out of the store, I ripped open the package to try out my new liquid pencil. The feel of writing was not anything special. It felt like I was writing with a pen. And that is when it hit me. I fell into Sharpie’s marketing trap, this liquid pencil was nothing more than a erasable pen! I could have bought 5 of another brand of erasable pens for the price of these 2 Sharpies and I would have not noticed a difference in quality.
I had to shake my head that I let myself be suckered into the hype of a “new product”. I was so disappointed that I almost returned the pens since I was still in Staples parking lot. The sad part about it is that I do not even use pencils normally. I have to chalk the whole experience up to being in a mood to buy whatever they were selling. The emotional payoff was not worth it though.
This is why I need to stick to only buying those office supplies that are on my list.

What do I think about this product? FAIL (nothing special for the expensive price)
What do I think about their marketing? PASS (they got me and I am usually so up on these marketing ploys)

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.