Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Freeds bakery

There are days when I crave the desserts found at Freed's Bakery. I
found out about this place from my favorite channel "The Food Network".
It was featured a few times, most notably by Rachel Ray on $40 a Day. I
do not usually pay attention to where she eats because I think she would
rave regardless of the location. But I am a sucker for desserts. Since I
was going to be in Vegas, I decided I NEEDED to see if as much of a
culinary experience as I had imagined from watching the show.
I can honestly say "YES!". It is definitely worth it. These desserts
will haunt your dreams and encourage your subconscious to justify trips
to Vegas to eat dessert.
They are known for their most popular wedding cake which is also called
Bavarian Rhapsody (White Cake with Freed's Signature Bavarian Cream
filling) topped with a buttercream. Mmmmm. Just thinking about tempts me
to want to plan a trip...but I digress.
The fruit tart was also a delectable treat. The tart shell was a flaky,
buttery pastry. The inside of the tart shell was coated with chocolate
and filled with their signature Bavarian cream. Sigh. So good. Their
Bavarian cream was thick but light at the same time. I know that sounds
like a paradox, but you have to try it and you will see that describes
it perfectly. Very creamy with hints of vanilla flavor. In other words,
imagine the best vanilla pudding you ever tasted and multiply that times
100. Then you will be close to what their signature Bavarian cream
tastes like. And each tart is topped with fresh fruit. That topping
makes it healthy and guilt free eating in my opinion.
I just saw on their website that they have changed locations to 9815 S
Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV
Check out their website for more information www.freedsbakery.com/ and
if you are in Vegas, you owe it to yourself to drop by. In a town where
nothing is guaranteed, this is a sure bet!

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.