Friday, August 26, 2011

Pho Noodleville

Pho Noodleville – Orchard Park Dr, Greenville SC
864-288-8809
(healthy Vietnamese cuisine)

I have passed by this restaurant so many times but I decided that I wanted to try it. I don’t know what Vietnamese food is supposed to taste like. I did not take any one with me who was Vietnamese for them to explain the dishes to me. So I cannot say if their food is authentic or even explain what the ingredients are in the dishes that I ordered. But I can say there were a lot of people there that I am guessing are from Viet Nam.

The lady that took our order spoke some English. I don’t think that she really understood all the questions we were asking. She kept nodding and saying “Yes” but our questions required more than an affirmative statement. So we just decided to choose menu items that we hoped we would like.

We ended ordering the spring rolls ($4) as an appetizer and the pork chop rice platter ($8) for main course
Spring rolls  - I really liked the spring rolls. It would be worth another trip just for those. The spring rolls were stuffed with all kinds of good stuff, the most noticeable would be the noodles. The sweet sour dipping sauce was thin like water but provided enough flavor for me.

Pork chop rice platter – the pork chop (yes only 1) was flattened and I am guessing sautéed. It came with rice, lettuce leaves, sweet vinegar carrots, and some other sort lightly pickled vegetable. The pork was a little tough to me but it was well seasoned. The flavors were light but fragrant. After eating, I was full but not feeling overstuff.

My husband’s only complaint was that there was not enough meat on the plate. I was fine but I can eat rice as a main dish. He, on the other hand, has to have copious amounts of meat.

I would definitely return and order the spring rolls. I need to find someone who can explain the menu to me so that I know what to order the next time.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.