Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fox Rent A Car - review

Fox Rent A Car (Las Vegas Airport)
Note: despite what they lead you to believe, this is not on airport premises
You have to take the shuttle from the terminal to the Rental cars. Then you have to take another shuttle (10-15 minute ride) to Fox.
It is a hassle to get to the place. When I was there, they have 2 working shuttles. So depending on your timing, you might have to wait a while to get the office to rent a car.
Completing paperwork was okay. The guy asked me if I wanted to upgrade. Considering all that happened next, it is good thing that I said no.
The problem started when I went to get my car. I was told to choose any car in Section 4. The PROBLEM was there were no cars in Section 4. I went inside to complain. They told me to talk to the attendant outside. I went back outside and had to search for someone. It seemed that everyone was on break or in  hiding. When I finally found someone, they told me I could wait until the finished cleaning a car for me. I told them that was not an option. Since it was confirmed that I was NOT waiting so they gave me another car- essentially a free upgrade. I was not appreciative, since that was the least they could do considering the aggravation.
Since I knew they were so far from the airport, I allowed extra time for the return. Again, smart move on my part. They were not quick in checking me out. Meanwhile the shuttle arrived. The guy finally checked me out just in time for me to catch the shuttle back to the airport. Their shuttle took me to the Rental car terminal. I then had to take another shuttle to the terminal for departures. I thought that they would have at least dropped me off at departures. But I guess that is what cheap rental car service entails.
To top it all off, when I checked my credit card statement later, I saw that they charged a deposit which took 2 weeks to clear from my credit card.

Car rentals prices = Cheap (I only saved $3 a day and the inconvenience was not worth it)
Service = Bad
Location = Bad

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.