Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Topiary flamingo

I often wonder why I like topiaries so much. In simple terms, it is just
plants, moss, and flowers put together. I think it is because I like the
idea of using something pretty to create another something. Having
pretty flowers attached to a wire frame design creates a sweet smelling,
arrangment. It is also interesting to see what plants are used for
particular features because of their colors or textures. It is not
enough to plant flowers on to the wire frame, but it takes a certain
amount of design ability and coordination also.
I wish that I had the talent to create topiaries and take care of them.
I have a difficult time just trying to keep a plant in a pot alive so I
know that the topiary expertise is probably out of the question.
Although I cannot maintain one, I do admire its beauty and commend the
hard work to create this temporary masterpiece.

If  you are ever in Greenwood SC during the month of June, you should take the topiary walk. To know more about it, check out http://www.scfestivalofflowers.org/

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.