Monday, July 25, 2011

Breck's - North Charleston dive

To see the exterior of this restaurant, I was a bit skeptical about going inside. Is this a honky tonk bar? Oh well, I was in North Charleston and did not know where else to go. 
Inside, was a different story. Instead of seeing a dimly lit, smokey restaurant, it was well lit with tables and chairs. It was more family restaurant than a bar. Hubby and I seated ourselves and a nice waitress brought us menus. There was so much that I wanted to order but I decided to go with the special Seafood platter. Good choice! The fried fish had a few bones that I had to look out for so that I did not choke. Other than that, it was delicious. The light breading had just enough seasoning so that it was not too salty. The crab cake had more stuffing than crab, but that was okay because it was flavorful. And the fried shrimp ... were perfect.

And it came with salad and a vegetable side (I ordered cabbage). The blue cheese dressing (on the right) was homemade with major chunks of blue cheese. And the other creamy dressing was peppercorn. Both were really good, transforming ordinary iceberg lettuce into something that I wanted to eat.
  
By the end, I was stuffed, sated and ready to go to sleep.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.