Thursday, April 02, 2009

ARROGANCE is so Annoying!!!!

In these hard economic times, you would think that people who have jobs
would be appreciative of that fact. Why is it that people are still as
overconfident as ever? Some people with jobs are acting as if they are
irreplaceable. They have a position and NO ONE ELSE could do what they
do.
NEWS FLASH!!!!! That is not the case.
I had the most annoying exchange with a guy who is an engineer and acts
as if he is only at work to do 1 thing. If anything else needs to be
done, oh well. Never mind the fact that it is something that he is
responsible for doing. He is "paid too much" to do what he deems to be
menial tasks. He actually said that. Just to add context to the
situation, I do not report to this man. I am not in his department.
There was a barrage of emotions rushing through me because I could not
believe that he was trying to absolve himself of a responsibility by
making statements as if I was the culpable party. I felt like going off
on him, but I knew that would do nothing to help the situation. I need
my job. I had to step back and analyze the situation. This guy was
unbelievably arrogant by implying that I should do the things that he
did not want to do because he felt that he was above it.
Why was I wasting my time trying to convince him of the value of doing
what he should be doing anyway?
If the task is not done, it is his fault. Not mine. I want things to run
smoothly in the company. I do not want to lose my job because the plant
closed down. I do not have the energy to worry about things out of my
control.
My only hope is that something happens to this guy to take him down a
notch. Soon or later it is bound to happen. People who are so full of
themselves are in for a rude awakening when they are made to realize
that the world does not revolve around them.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.