Thursday, April 02, 2009

Comments on news stories of today 4/2/09

http://www.newser.com/story/55009/ex-law-order-star-leave-bristol-alone.html
I am not a political person, but I even I cannot believe that she said that Repubs have class and do not judge other people. Has she watched any news on Fox? The majority of their programming is based on judging those who do not believe like they do.
I do not really think that people care so much about Bristol Palin. Everyone knew that guy was not going to marry her from the beginning. That was something they said in hopes of seeming like they had high moral standards (even though abstinence would have been the real high moral way to go).
It seems to me that Repubs think everyone is buying whatever they are selling. When teen pregnancy happens to a Repub family, then everyone is supposed to praise the girl. If teen pregnancy happens to anyone else, well... the loose morals of the parents are to blame since they raised a tramp.

http://www.newser.com/story/55035/stressed-americans-still-spending-less-poll.html
Why is this news? If a person is out of work with bills to pay, who thinks they will be heading down to the mall to buy more clothes they cannot afford? I have been very disappointed in the mall offerings. Lots of overpriced ugly clothes. No good sales or clearance prices. I have a job and wanted to spend some money in the mall. But after seeing what was there, I thought that I might better dust off the sewing machine and buy a few patterns!

http://www.newser.com/story/55043/hollywood-trims-star-deals.html
Hollywood stars making millions per movie do not have my sympathy when I have to work hard EVERY DAY to pay my bills. It is about time that movie stars are paid according to performance. And maybe this will help screen writers to write better scripts too. There are too many movies that are coming out lately that have dismal box office reviews. Why? Simply put, they are crap.
I have been helped to determine what movies are worth my time and what would be a waste by searching for the movie spoiler. Once I read what happens in the movie (which takes 5-10 minutes), I decide if it is worth $8 and 2 hours of my time. For the most part, the movies fail my criteria. And some of the other movies I am willing to spend the time but not the money. I will put those movies on my list to rent.

http://www.newser.com/story/55093/stimulus-deadline-looms-for-skeptical-sc-gov-sanford.html
All I have to say about this is "Why is Sanford being such a mule?" Thousands of teachers and other state workers will lose their jobs if the state does not receive the stimulus money. Why is this even an issue?
He should be saying, "Thanks. Where do I sign?"
I guess that is a politician for you. He is trying to do what is best for himself so that he can further his own career.

http://www.newser.com/story/55087/10-recession-expenditures-to-shut-up-about.html
This article is telling rich people how not to gloat about being rich. I wonder if this will carry over into the television. So many realities shows are based on lavish life styles of rich people. For example, "Platinum Weddings" is all about extravagant weddings where no expense is spared. The flower budgets are $50k, wedding dresses are $10k, and wedding cakes are $5k. What is a bride to do?
And MTV "Sweet 16" and "Quincenera" programs are all about brats getting their every wish for their birthday part. Again, the shows are all about sparing no expense. Whatever the brat wants, no matter the cost, they will get. Will MTV decide that they do not want to flaunt that in these economic times?
Who knows, MTV might have to start playing music videos again. **GASP**

http://www.newser.com/story/55114/surfing-on-company-time-boosts-productivity.html
For all those companies who do not want their employees surfing the net...HA! I need a little internet time to prepare me to be more productive. Bet they did not see that one coming.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.