Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Don't think too much of yourself PEOPLE

I went to an event and there was a guy there who was complaining about the wait until he took the stage.
What I could gather from his rantings, it seemed as if he thought he was due some special consideration because he was a internationally known singer.
"Oh?" I said
Even though I refuse to be sucked into anyone's egotistical world as , I was intrigued. I know a little something about opera and classical music and some of the big names. If I was talking to a star, that would be something that I would share on my facebook page. When I pressed him for specifics about when and where he performed at the so-called international events, his answers were not of any substance.
At this point, I began to lose interest. My curiosity was no longer peaked and boredom was beginning to set inside my mind.
Since he was still talking (it sounded like "BLAH BLAH BLAH"), I now needed to formulate a plan to extricate myself from the conversation.
I effectively phone blocked him by pretending I had a message I needed to attend to.
The whole incident annoyed me. Here is a person who thinks so much of himself, that he is in desperate need of people to revolve around him. I know that people sometimes expect deference because of their accomplishments, but it pays to have some humility and realize we are all equal. Even if we, because of opportunities or talents or resources, are able to achieve more in our lives, that does not make us a better person than someone else.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.