Wednesday, August 22, 2012

50 vital questions Part 1

50 vital questions Part 1

I got these questions from http://arabellafulloflife.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/50-vital-questions/

From Occupy Ottawa's Facebook page, here are some questions for you. They might be easy to answer if you feel strongly, but some of them will be tough, and more will make you think very hard. As you read my answers, think of what your own answers would be to these questions.

In total, there are 50 questions and have no right or wrong answers because sometimes, asking the right questions is the answer.

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? <Amaryllis> If I was to live forever, I would say 222,222,222 years (just a random even number). In the current life, 25 years (old enough to do everything I want to do).
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? <Amaryllis> Never trying is worse. At least if you try and fail, you have experiences to help you to be more successful in the future.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do? <Amaryllis> We get caught up in mundane aspects and are not able to fully enjoy life as intended.

4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done? <Amaryllis> It depends on who I have affected and the impact I have been able to make on the lives of others.

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world? <Amaryllis> Remove the hate.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? <Amaryllis> Teaching and helping others to improve their lives.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? <Amaryllis> Doing what I believe in
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? <Amaryllis> Probably would have spent less time working and more time travelling the world.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? <Amaryllis> I have had a lot of control over the decisions I made in life.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? <Amaryllis> I try to cultivate in my heart the desire to what is right.
11. You're having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? <Amaryllis> Defend my friend that is not there. Hopefully get the others to see a different viewpoint that will make them think twice about their criticism. If they are adamant, then change the subject to prevent any bad feelings or arguments. I would rather not lose respect for them over some thoughtless comments.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? <Amaryllis> Live and love life to the fullest
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? <Amaryllis> Probably
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? <Amaryllis> See it all the time in artwork and poetic pieces
15. What's something you know you do differently than most people? <Amaryllis> I don't know. Never thought about it.
16. How come the things that make you happy don't make everyone happy? <Amaryllis> Sometimes people don't take the time to appreciate the small things but an accumulation of small joys can create a large mound of happiness.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back? <Amaryllis> Dive off of a steep waterfall in a tropical location into the lagoon below. I am afraid that I will freak out, forget how to swim and drown.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? <Amaryllis>
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? <Amaryllis> Belize because that is the country my family is from.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? <Amaryllis> I push the button more than once. I know it does not help but I do it anyway out of habit.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? <Amaryllis> I prefer to be a worried genius. Some people might believe that ignorance is bliss but I don't subscribe to that train of thought. The more knowledge, the better.
22. Why are you, you? <Amaryllis>
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? <Amaryllis> I think so.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? <Amaryllis> Losing touch with a  good friend that lives near me is worse because it means that we probably grew apart. In a way, that makes me sad.
25. What are you most grateful for? <Amaryllis> All the blessings in my life, my family, my hubby, my friends

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.