Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Cuban Food in ATL

When I am in Atlanta and I want good Cuban food, I go to Papis (216 Ponce de Leon). They have daily specials that include a choice of meat, white or yellow rice, beans, fried ripe plantains (platanos maduros), and salad for less than $10.

When you walk in, you hear Spanish music playing throughout the restaurant and the place is full of people eating and talking loudly. It’s the LATIN way. The place is decorated with picture of Cuban life. The atmosphere might lead you believe that  you stepped into a restaurant in Havana. You seat yourself and wait for someone to give you a menu. If I based this location on the service alone, I would probably not go. Some of the wait staff are not always as friendly as they could be. They are cordial enough, but I cannot if tell if they are pleased to have my business or annoyed that they have another table to wait on. Fortunately for them, the food is awesome!

My last visit I had jerk chicken and my friend has ropa vieja (cut of thinly sliced beef with onions). The food was full of flavor – very delicious!

We had so much food that we did not order dessert. But they have tres leches and flan. One day I will go just for dessert just for that.

 

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.