Wednesday, March 09, 2005

This really aggrevates me!

I don't like when people talk to hear themselves speak about things they are probably never going to do anyway. If you have something to say...FINE. But do not talk because you like the sound of voice. For example, I was talking to Person B about going on vacation. I don't have a definite date, but I have plans of where I want to go and and how I need to get my finances in order to do it. Its cool. I did not invite person B. I merely mentioned what I had going on because HE asked me what was new. He engaged me in conversation. Could he leave it at that. Nooooooo. He has to add more to the conversation.

"Yea, I am thinking about taking a trip myself this year," he says.

"Oh okay." I don't want the conversation to be all about me so I inquire.

"Yea. I'm thinking Miami, maybe a cruise, maybe European tour, or something."

"Oh." and I think to myself, "Wow, what a variety of places. Cool." Since my curiosity is peaked, I want to know more. He has me hooked. "Are you using Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia or local travel agency," I ask.

And now for the big let down...his blank face as if to say "Huh? What?"

I want to poke him in the eye because I wasted 5 minutes of my life of this conversation and he was obviously talking out of his A**! How can you talk about taking a trip with such certainty and you don't even know how you going to get to where you are going?!?!? At least KNOW what a travel agency is. Dummy.

And that is the sort of time wasting idiot behavior that annoys me the most. Because now you are wasting my time too. Leave me alone and go talk to your BS-ing friends. They are not annoyed because they don't have the common sense to ask follow-up questions.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.