Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Limerick: Journey, Limerick, Alliteration #writing201

This is my second day of the Poetry Writing 201 class.

This assignment was harder than I anticipated because I am not used to writing in rhyme. I could think of 2 rhyming words and was stumped thinking of a third that would make sense as to what idea I wanted to convey.

I am not sure that I captured all of the points in the prompt, but I count it as a victory that I came up with a limerick in the first place.


Precarious Winter Journey

Snow turned to sleet freezing everything all night
Trees encased in ice at morning night
Used to stand in a row
Now heavy hanging low
Struggling to hang on with all their might

(picture from http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~grogono/ice4.gif) 

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.