Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day Four: Animal, Concrete Poem, Enjambment #writing201

I am still behind in my poetry class (four days to be exact). I am determined to finish all my assignments.

In any case, for Day 4 the theme was Animal, Concrete Poetry, Enjambment.

If you do not know what is "concrete poetry"

Concrete or shape poetry is poetry in which the typographical arrangement of words is as important in conveying the intended effect as the conventional elements of the poem, such as meaning of words, rhythm, rhyme and so on. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/concretepoetry) 
If you do not know what is "enjambment"
Enjambment (in verse) the continuation of a sentence without a pause beyond the end of a line, couplet, or stanza  (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjambment)

I had a lot of different ideas of which animal I wanted to use, but then I could not think of how to portray it with the style of poetry. 

I wanted to do something fun and decided the small green tree frog fit.




I think that the poem is simple but conveys the movement and action of the frog hunting his prey.
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Hyla_cinerea2.jpg)

1 comment:

~Brandy~ said...

Neat! I love poetry, especially unconventional poetry like this! All the best with your poetry assignments; they seem quite intriguing.
Brandy from Brandy's Bustlings

Blogging U

Blogging U.