Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Poem: Wings

Wings
If only I had wings, I would fly away
So much pain and suffering to endure
Twelve long years of abuse, verbal and otherwise
I raise my head towards the heavens,
hands open wide
ready to accept assistance that has not yet reached me
Who can hear my silent pleas?
Who will rescue me?
My childhood has been like living in an eternal winter
Barren, cold darkness
Frigid air numb my nerve endings
Permafrost stunt my growth and transformation
Unable to move as my heartbeat slows
It yearns to escape by any means
I will pray in anticipation for my wings
My deliverance is sure to come


Poem inspired by mixed media artwork entitled "Flight" by Tyrone Geter (Elgin, SC)

1 comment:

10 Day Editing Program at helpwithediting.com said...

Let me know if you want to guest blog. Always good to put your hand into a new pool. Maybe I can help to expand your circle. guestblog@10daybookclub.com

Blogging U

Blogging U.