Monday, January 09, 2012

Twilight stars career advice

I have heard that the celebs from Twilight are so popular because of this series that they run the risk of not being able to have a career after Twilight.

 

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/131074/robert_pattinson_kristen_stewart_arent

 

I read the article in the link above and the comments and it surprised me how many people seem to believe that Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart are really good actors. I was like “REALLY?”

Watching the somber, overly morose characters annoyed me. The story is supposed to prove how true love can conquer all. I have to agree in this case true loves seems to succeed even in spite of vapid behavior.

But I digress since this is not a critique of the Twlight movies.

 

Back to the characters. I think they risk not being able to have a career because they cannot really act. The few movies that I have seen that have had Robert Pattinson with a leading role, he seems to replaying his miserable, self-deprecating, self-destructive character without the benefit of being a vampire. Maybe if he plays a different type of character, I will change my opinion.

Kristen Stewart also seems to gravitate towards the roles of dark, somber females that remain of the fringes of society. None of her movie characters have impressed me yet. I am curious to see how she performs in the movie Snow White since that looks like she is playing a lead action actress role. I like that better than the weak-I-cannot-live-without-you type of female.

 

If they can expand their range, I am sure that they could become decent actors. If they keep taking roles that are similar to what Twilight, they will continue to be mediocre actors.

When I say “expand their range”, I mean that they should do something that is completely different from what they are used to doing.

Some examples of actors/actresses that I can think of right off the top of my head that I see as having a wide range: Glenn Close, Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Jack Nicholson, Samuel L Jackson

 

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.