Friday, June 24, 2011

Poetry - Fatal Wounds

WORDS sharper than jagged shards of glass cut me deeply
you hurl insults and accusations as if filleting my jugular into symmetric ribbons

days later the ensuing “I’m sorry”s perform the function of an inadequate tourniquet
refuse to stop the bleeding, pints spill profusely out of me
bruises or black eyes would be a welcome injury
they would eventually fade and the pain forgotten
my destiny is unfathomable pain coursing through my veins
so fierce it blurs my vision

YOU – I entrusted my heart and soul
YOU – promised to never hurt me

Is this love or is the hate?

they say there is a thin line between love and hate
a line that is a double edged sword sharp tongue

decimating previous declarations of love
destroying the wall of security and serenity we built together

as I continue to bleed from the vicious verbal assault
the affection that burned with the intensity of the hottest flame
flickers away, cooling until all glowing coals are extinguished

YOU, my assailant,
attempt to assuage personal guilt for a senseless attack
an attack, born in anger and frustration of what it was and what you wanted to be
one might almost look upon you with pity
clumsily trying to rekindle cold embers with flowers and chocolate
as if to revive our failed affair

although struggling to resuscitate,
you forgot that without blood one cannot survive
thoughtless, but adept use of your sharpest weapon severed arteries and veins alike
blood poured out
all this is left is for the earth to absorb

AND the LOVE for you is DEAD

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.