Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Poem: What is Truth

what is truth
is it actual facts
or my perception of what I believe it to be
mental riddles, mind playing games
contorting the physical into an alternate reality
visible to only me

what is truth
is the vow of undying affection
that he bestowed upon me
pursued me with intensity
filling unspoken wishes as if he lived inside my mind

was it truth or trickery
overpowering my discernment abilities
ruse, hoax, fraud
presented before me
as the luscious fruit was before Eve

a glorious deception of promises of happiness
brain manipulation like a potter with his clay
forced hallucinations like mirages in the desert

cleverly crafted world of dreams
become nightmares
where darkness absorbs all light

words of attestation flow freely like water
through cracks in a broken well
action do not corroborate
testimony given, statements cannot be truth

I love you
truth or trickery
is it he or my own ear that deceive
wanting to believe
doubt my ears instead
question their capacity to hear correctly

but in this life of misery
all that is left is to accept the truth
his actions speak truth that his voice will not

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.