Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Look

The look in their eyes tells me what they are thinking
they want to ogle without my notice
they think that I am stupid and do not recognize the glint in sly hooded eyes

Years of living with big breasts, curvy hips, round bottom and thick thighs
some would say my petite stature is genetically blessed
since my mother grandmother and great-grandmother all had similar attributes

In the present moment, those traits transmitted from generation to generation
seem to be more of an annoyance than a benediction
I have seen the same expression over a million times before
even when I thought I was disguising my figure in oversized clothes

They see me walking with a purpose
and deliberately slow their own pace
hoping that I am impatient enough to hurry pass them
so they can take a leisurely look
and begin to fantasize what they would hope do to all of this

I quicken my own speed, not wanting to waste time
grown immune to unwanted attention
They are not the first to cast a wanton glimpse and they won't be the last
I grit my teeth and force myself to endure the ensuing leers and smirky grins

"Go ahead and pass, since you seem to be in a hurry"
Their saccharine sweet tone is supposed to put me at ease,
If I am to believe they are gentlemen interested in ladies going first
as if I don't know the real reason they want me to proceed ahead

They part like the red sea, eagerly anticipating
to peruse every aspect of my body
but the joke is on them
my long black sweater conceals my curvaceous figure

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.