Friday, March 07, 2008

My poetry- reflections of my success...or is it?

My poem "Pain In Life" has been awarded their prestigious Editor's Choice Award because it displays an original perspective and unique creativity -- judged to be the qualities found most in exceptional poetry. This is from the website www.poetry.com. It would mean more to me if they would pay me. Instead they keep sending me letters to buy the book in which my poem will be featured. I feel like the book should be free since I have been awarded such a “prestigious” honor. And it makes me wonder how good was my poem? I thought it was poignant, heartfelt, and touching. But does everyone win the award so they can sell more of their books? Oh well, I will keep writing and maybe I will profit from my writings some day.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.