Friday, November 10, 2006

NYC trip

I had to go to NJ for a 2-day meeting this week. So I took off Friday and headed to NY to see Lillie and David. Well on Friday, I wanted to go to the Chocolate Show (www.chocolateshow.com) in Manhattan. It was awesome. But before I get to the show, let me talk about how we (David and I) got there. Well, we took the A train to 59th street. Then we had to take the 1 train to 18th avenue. We made it to 59th okay. While we were waiting for 1 train, the policeman said that there would be no 1 service downtown. So we were going to wait for the A train to come back and take to 42nd street. So then the policeman made another announcement saying that there was NO downtown service with the station. Funny sidebar: A lady asked the policeman why, as if she was going to get the policeman to change his mind. So since we had to leave the station, David suggested that we walk down to 18th. So we walked alllllll those blocks. It was not like we could not take public transport. But we were feeling fancy free. Well, by 34th street, we were tired. We went to the Manhattan mall. We finally made it to the chocolate show. It was great. People were giving truffles left and right. I made myself sick eating so much chocolate and drinking wine.

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.