Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Movies - Thumbs up or down?

I saw an entertaining movie last night. "A History of Violence". I
really really liked this movie. It had main man Viggo Mortensen as the
lead role. He was a nice, family man until a "heroic act" put him in the
limelight. Suddenly really bad men from his past came looking for
him...Or was it a case of mistaken identity? The suspense was killing me
too. I won't tell you all how it ended, but this movie is certainly
worth it. And in my opinion worth buying. -- 2 THUMBS UP

The other week I saw "Ice Harvest". That was not such a great use of my
time. Nor was it a great use of film. I did not really like any of the
people in the movie. John Cusack and Billy Bob Thorton were the leading
men. They both stole a lot of money from their mob boss and needed to
stay in town 1 night in order to get away with it. The catch was that
the one night was Christmas (or Christmas eve) I was not really sure
which. In the end, Cusack ended up with the money because he had a
faster gun than everyone else. But he was such a sniveling punk doing
it. Aggrevated me to no it. I wanted to slap him and say "Be a man!".
-- 2 THUMBS DOWN (and make that way down)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A history of violence was a good movie. I hear that Maxim gave it 5 stars.

Blogging U

Blogging U.