Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My vacation in a minute.

Day 1 – Leaving port

Day 2 – At sea – I won some free art, a small bottle of tequila, and a shot glass.

Day 3 – Grand Cayman – I think GC is not worth putting on the Caribbean port of call route for a few years. Then maybe these people would learn to appreciate the good thing they have with all the tourists coming through their town. They like your $$ but don’t want to have a good attitude about it. If I did not go there again, my feelings would not be hurt.

Day 4 – Costa Maya – love the little pueblito Mahahual. We went to la escuela and saw all the little ones. Cute kids. Then we all chilled on the beach, knocking back pina coladas and cerveza. Could everyday be this cool? Quite possibly the most relaxing day ever!!!!

Day 5 – Belize – Nana did not get to go to Belmopan, but she did get to see Miss Jean and another one of her friends. Everyone got the real Belize City tour. We went to Brodies and got some goodies. Only thing, I let the taxi driver lead me to believe that I could get a better deal down by the pier. Against better judgment, I listened to him. At Brodies the item cost $5 BZ. At the pier, same item cost $5 US. Same difference? No. $1 US = $2 BZ. So down at the pier, I had to bargain them down to the Brodie’s regular price! I did get a nice Coach in Belize, so I can't be too mad at them.

Day 6 – Cozumel – We rented jeeps, which turned out to be a minor fiasco. Some people don’t know how to drive with people following them AND they don’t know how to use signal lights. On the plus side, I did get to go to the beach. Oh yea -2.5 words- Carlos n Charlies. Always a fun time to be had, drink as much as a you want as long as you stay with your group (that is where Natalie Holloway made her fatal mistake)

Day 7 – At sea – Very choppy waters. I did not do much. All of us just laid around and watched movies in the room on the DVD player. Over the Hedge and Ice Age 2. Over the Hedge was very cute – I give it 3.5 stars. Ice Age 2 was not as funny as the first – I give it 2.75 stars.

Day 8 – return home – Debarkation process was hell. Enough said about that.

Keep posted, pictures will be loaded later in the week...

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.