Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Learning Italian

I have decided that I want to learn another language. And I am going to help all my friends by posting some of what I am learning....
For now I want to learn some Italian phrases. I am also trying to learn Portuguese.
I tried French, but it seems difficult to me (and that is with a CD).
And to all my friends out there: If anybody has learning Italian/Portuguese CDs, let me know. Maybe I can burn it or you can e-mail me the lessons in MP3 form.

Blue font is for the polite form that is usually used when you don't know the person or to a person that you respect (teachers ….)

Sometimes the blue font is used for the feminine form, either way you will find the reason between parentheses.

English Phrases

Italian Phrases

Greetings:

 

Hi!

Ciao!

Good Morning!

Buongiorno!

Good Evening!

Buona sera!

Welcome! (to greet someone)

Benvenuto!/ Benvenuta! (female)

How Are You?

Come stai?/ Come state (polite)?

I'm Fine, Thanks!

Bene, grazie!

And You?

e tu? e lei? (polite)

Good/ So-So.

Bene/ così e così.

Thank You (Very Much)!

Grazie (molto)!

You're Welcome! (answering "thank you")

Prego!

Hey! Friend!

Ciao! Amico!

I Missed You So Much!

Mi sei mancato molto!

What's New?

che c'è di nuovo?

Nothing Much

Non molto

Good Night!

Buona notte!

See You Later!

A dopo

Good Bye!

Arrivederci!

 

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.