Friday, May 26, 2006

Feeling frustrated...

Okay. I am at work and I am feeling very frustrated with other people. It is that time of the month again: MONTH END
That in itself does not present that much of a problem.
Situation: The people who are the powers that be have decided what the numbers should be. But I have a problem with the fact that they WAIT until there are only 3 days left in the month period to want to rush everybody into working double time to "make the numbers".
My question is "Why did they wait until the end to say 'lets make this happen'?" and "What happened to demand planning?"
They are supposed to be forecasting for the WHOLE MONTH not just month end.
I mean that is the whole reason those guys make the big bucks.
I asked that question to the manager who is supposed to be in charge of demand fulfillment that question and he said "Well things have been slow all month".
I wanted to scream "AND WHY DID YOU THINK THINGS WOULD IMPROVE WITHOUT HELP?"
I am just a peon in the grand scheme of things. Unless told differently, I think that things are going well. Then at month end I hear "Oh we not going to make the number unless YOU jump to it." And being at the end of the process in Shipping means working Sunday to do "my part". So all of a sudden, what I do is important. But it is the kind of importance that means, if I don't jump through their hoops...well they will tell the VP "We would have made our numbers, but AH is shipping was not a team player."
Therein lies my frustration, I hate working Sundays but it seems that people are doing nothing until the last possible moment - meaning that my job will depend on me working at least one Sunday a month.

I NEED A NEW JOB! :(

No comments:

Blogging U

Blogging U.